The smell of mulled wine settles over Alby square and Christmas carols rise between the houses. Saturday December 2 is the time for the annual Christmas market in Alby.
Community, care and a whole lot of fun, that’s how we want our Christmas market to be. Therefore, together with Botkyrkabyggen and Botkyrka municipality, we have invited schools, associations and companies to create a Christmas market with both Christmas feeling and fun free activities such as Christmas karaoke, gingerbread house competition and circus training.
Date: Saturday December 2
Time: 14:00 – 18:00
Location: on the square and in the indoor center
Program Christmas market in Alby
- Gingerbread house competition with Botkyrkabyggen.
- Christmas carol karaoke with Subtopia.
- Mulled wine and gingerbread that Victoriahem offers.
- Christmas gifts, quiz walk, lottery and hot chocolate are offered by the Youth Council.
- Try circus training with Circus Cirkör.
- Wrap packages, make Christmas ball and Christmas pins with Subtopia’s youth program Do It Together.
- Choral singing and sing-along with the Do It Together choir.
- Gambian food for sale.
- Flea market and home-baked coffee from Grindtorpsskolan.
- Mini trains around the city center.
- Bread and pastries are sold by Tingstorget’s Bakery.
- Also on site: The Citizens’ Office, The Good Talents,The Emergancy Service and the Youth Center.
Christmas markets throughout Botkyrka
If you can’t get enough of the Christmas spirit, there are three more Christmas markets in Botkyrka:
November 25-26, Hågelbyparken in Klockhuset and the Old Stables.
December 9 Fittja, outside the Art gallery and the library.
December 16 Hallunda Folkets Hus, indoors and outside on the way to the centre.